Fortunes can change in an instant.
Lives can be altered in the blink of an eye.
If you have been a victim of a devastating accident caused by someone else’s carelessness, you may be in need of a truck accident law firm or other kinds of personal injury lawyers. Finding someone to represent you in the event of a serious accident can, in fact, be the difference between a settlement that helps you recover and move on with your life and months and years of personal struggles, both financial and physical.
In the aftermath of a serious accident, the victim and the victim’s family can both be completely overwhelmed. Finding a way to navigate all of the insurance, the doctor’s appointments, the hospital stays, or the car repairs can be confusing to the point of being frightening. Instead of becoming overwhelmed, it is important to find a legal representative who can help you in the process of healing and recovery. Consider some of these statistics about the times when many people find themselves looking for a personal injury attorney or other kind of legal help:
- 98% of all semi-truck accidents result in at least one fatality, making these kind of accidents one of the most dangerous.
- Distracted driving accidents cause the death of 3,477 people in the year 2015.
- 6 million car accidents occur in the U.S. every single year.
- 3 million people are injured every year in car accidents that occur on U.S. roads.
- 28 people die in motor vehicle crashes involving an alcohol-impaired driver every day in the U.S.
- 20% of federal civil personal injury lawsuits result from vehicle crashes, according to the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- 13% of federal civil personal injury lawsuits result from products liability injuries, according to the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- 10% of federal civil personal injury lawsuits result from medical malpractice, according to the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
Making ends meet after a personal injury accident can be a major challenge. This challenge is even greater if the victim and the victim’s family does not take advantage of the available resources. From truck accident law firms to personal injury attorneys, finding the resources who can help you ask the right questions and get the advice that you need to move toward recovery is important. Continue reading here.