Few things are more challenging than personal injury cases. From the medical appointments and the necessary therapy sessions to recover both physically and mentally, the challenges that many victims face after they have been involved in an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness are many. Finding a legal adviser to help navigate the challenges after an accident can help make sure that accident victims have the best chance of achieving a full recovery.
Personal injury attorneys may offer their clients the answers that they need to make sure that they are able to navigate months, if not years of challenges as result of the accident. From slip and fall injuries to medical malpractice cases, it is often in your best interest to seek legal advice as soon as possible. Personal injury settlements that are the result of personal injury cases provide an opportunity to help victims find the necessary changes that they may face as the result of someone else’s carelessness.
One of the most common personal injury accident categories involves negligent drivers. Whether they are distracted by technology or they are driving under the influence, drivers who cause an accident can completely and forever altar the life of a victim. From physical to mental injuries and even death, victims of personal injury accidents often need the help of a legal adviser so that they understand the right that they have.
Consider these facts and figures about some of the most common personal injury cases:
- 225,000 people die each year from medical malpractice, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) reports.
- 20,000 medical malpractice claims are filed every year.
- Wrong site surgeries are performed as many as 40 times a week.
- 22% of slip and fall incidents resulted in more than 31 days away from work.
- 17,000 slip and fall accidents, also referred to as premises liability accidents, occur every year, according to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- 3 million people are injured every year in car accidents on roads in the U.S.
Personal injury accidents can be a challenge. You have to miss work to go to the doctor. You have to miss work to get a car fixed. You have to miss work to see an attorney. It is important, however, to get the legal advice that you need as soon as possible so that you understand all of your available options.